- Survey results underscore the distressing realities of people living with acne scars
- Ninety-nine percent of respondents would have more confidence if their acne and acne scars were cleared up1
- Celebrity dermatologist highlights Bellafill® as an effective acne scar treatment option
San Diego, CA (June 7, 2016)—Suneva Medical, Inc., a privately-held aesthetics company, has revealed the results of a new acne scar survey in recognition of June’s Acne Awareness Month. The survey found that the overwhelming majority of consumers believe acne and acne scars have a negative impact on a person’s confidence. Also, people with acne and acne scars normally withdraw themselves from social settings and avoid putting photos online without heavy editing or filters.1 The statistics further pinpoint the unfortunate realities of those who suffer from acne and its associated scarring, while underscoring the need for treatment options that address these widespread skin conditions.
Key findings from the survey include:1
- 99 percent of survey respondents believe someone has more confidence when their acne and acne scars are cleared up
- When it comes to skin issues, consumers believe acne scars are worse than having acne, eczema or rosacea
- Nearly half of adults still suffer from acne or acne scars and have not outgrown these skin conditions
- 48 percent withdraw from social outings and parties with friends because of their acne scars or facial blemishes
- 61 percent would wear less makeup if they were able to effectively treat acne scars and minimize their scarring’s appearance
- 49 percent of people with acne scars or blemishes prevent themselves from putting photos online without heavy editing or filters
- 54 percent do not feel confident on a date because of their acne scars or facial blemishes
- 81 percent of respondents would select clear skin over keeping their fashion on trend, a nail manicure maintained, or maintaining a hairstyle that is rivaled by celebrities
“Acne scarring is one of the most common skin issues I see at my practice and the condition is more than skin deep. The millions of people who suffer from acne scars carry an emotional burden that brings on feelings of depression and low self-esteem,” said Dr. Ava Shamban, board-certified dermatologist and one of the country’s leading authorities on skin. “These individuals should not lose hope however—there are new treatment options, such as Bellafill®, that can have a transformational effect on patients’ appearance, and in turn, their quality of life.”
Bellafill® is the only dermal filler on the market that is approved by the FDA for the correction of moderate to severe, atrophic, distensible facial acne scars on the cheek in patients over the age of 21 years. To help treat disfiguring acne scars, Bellafill® adds immediate volume to the skin to lift and smooth out pitted acne scars to the level of the surrounding skin. Bellafill® is a simple, in-office procedure with minimal to no downtime.
“Acne scars no longer need to be the reason people hold back from social activities and living a confident lifestyle,” said Nicholas L. Teti, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Suneva Medical. “This innovative filler continues to have a positive impact on patients’ lives and we encourage those who suffer from acne scars to consult with a physician about Bellafill® to jumpstart their journey to better skin.”
To learn more about Bellafill® and find a licensed provider in your area, please visit www.bellafill.com. For more information on Suneva Medical, visit www.sunevamedical.com/old. To learn more about the survey, contact Havas Formula at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Suneva Medical, Inc.
Suneva Medical is a privately-held aesthetics company focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing novel, differentiated products for the general dermatology and aesthetic markets. The innovative aesthetics leader markets Bellafill®, the only dermal filler on the market that is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the correction of nasolabial folds and moderate to severe, atrophic, distensible facial acne scars on the cheek in patients over the age of 21 years. The company markets Bellafill® in the U.S., Canada and Hong Kong; ArteFill® in South Korea; Regenica® skin care in the U.S., Canada and Hong Kong; and ReFissa® tretinoin cream in the U.S. ArteFill® was rebranded to Bellafill® in the U.S. to reflect the transformational outcomes this unique product can provide to patients seeking correction of their acne scars and nasolabial folds. For more information, visit www.sunevamedical.com/old.
1Havas Formula Independent Study, 2016